November 13, 2007

G is for Games

I love games. Board games, card games, computer games - I love them all. When I was a kid we used to spend hours playing games, especially in the summer: Risk, Life, Monopoly, Scrabble, Mille Borne, and any card games we could think of. We bought one of the first home computers - the Tandy 80 from Radio Shack, and that started the computer game fun: we had Pacman and a Viking game, and one of the kids my mom babysat had the best Star Wars game: you were the x-wing flying through the passages on the Death Star - I played that for hours. Then we got the first Nintendo and it was Duck Hunt and Tetris and Mario Bros. and RBI baseball. I bought a Nintendo Gameboy just to play Tetris on it. I still play lots of computer games, and am having so much fun introducing my nephew to board games: he loves Monopoly and Life, even though he's really too young to play them yet. He likes rolling the dice and moving around the board, and collecting and handing out money. I foresee many hours of fun in our future. I can also guess that I'll be buying an X-box or something "for my nephew." Or a Wii - definitely a Wii.

No comments: