November 18, 2007

Dancing Barefoot - Wil Wheaton

I finished this over one lunch break - it is a slim little book, but with great stories in it. The best one is a longer one about Star Trek Conventions. As someone who has attended more than one convention in the past, it was interesting to see it from one of the guest's point of view. (I even once saw WIL WHEATON browsing in the dealer room at a con, just like a regular person!) I especially appreciated the effort he put into making the autograph experience personal for each person. I seldom stood in line to get autographs, and stopped completely once Creation started charging separately for the privilege. It made me so nostalgic that I think I'll have to plan a trip to a convention sometime soon, as they don't ever come to my state anymore.

No comments: