June 1, 2008

Broken English - movie

So our cable is back. Turns out, when they were "upgrading" the service in our neighborhood on Thursday, they didn't so much "upgrade" us as "disconnect" us. Took the tech all of five minutes to fix. Why they couldn't have sent someone out on Friday, I don't know. Anyway, I took advantage of the outage and read and watched DVDs, including "Broken English." This one hit a little too close to home: single thirty-something who is beginning to despair of ever getting married. I don't think I'm as desperate as she was, but I could relate to the loneliness. Of course, she meets a handsome young Frenchman, and ends up going to Paris, so it all turns out okay for her. I wouldn't mind meeting a handsome young Frenchman! The movie was well done - good script, believable characters.

I also rewatched the new BBC version of Sense and Sensibility, which stands up to rewatching quite well.

No comments: