June 17, 2008

ARC challenge

I saw this over at Musings of a Bookish Kitty, took a look at my ARC pile, and decided this was the motivation I needed to actually get some of them reviewed. The rules:

The challenge will run from June 21, 2008-September 21, 2008.

The rules:

1. Make a list of all of the ARC’s that you currently have and/or are on their way to you.

2. If you have:

* 1-3 ARC’s then pick at least one to read and review for this challenge.
* 4-6 ARC’s then pick at least two to read and review for this challenge.
* 7-9 ARC’s then pick at least three to read and review for this challenge.
* 10 or more ARC’s then pick at least 4 to read and review for this challenge.

3. Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.

4. List the books that you plan to read for this challenge (you can change it at any time, as long as the books you change are also ARC's). You can read the books on your list in any order.

5. Read the books and review them on your blog. If you don’t have a blog, you can post your review on sites like Amazon. Leave a comment on the post about the challenge with a link to each of your reviews.



My ARC list:

Strangers in Death - J.D. Robb
Enlightenment for Idiots - Anne Cushman
A Prisoner of Birth - Jeffrey Archer
Ask Again Later - Jill A. Davis
Marie Therese: Child of Terror (The Fate of Marie Antoinette's Daughter) - Susan Nagel
Mercy Street - Mariah Stewart
The First Thirty Days - Ariane De Bonvoisin
Loose Girl - Kerry Cohen


I have bolded the two I plan to read first; I'll decide on the third later. I'm actually hoping to get through all of them, but we'll see how that goes.

To join the challenge, go here.

4 comments:

Teddy Rose said...

Welcome to the ARC challenge! You have a great list of books. 'Marie Therese: Child of Terror (The Fate of Marie Antoinette's Daughter)' - Susan Nagel sounds especially interesting to me.

Would you mind putting a link to the challenge in this post, ie a link to the challenge host's post. That way' if any of your readers want to sign up, they can. Here's the link:

http://teddyrose.blogspot.com/2008/06/arc-reading-challenge.html

Thanks!

Teddy

Anonymous said...

Oooh wow I'd love to hear what you think of the Marie Therese book! I've always been interested in books regarding MA's kids. I'll keep an eye out for your review.

Anonymous said...

Just saying Hi! I'm in the challenge too. I just reviewed Loose Girl, It's has a wonderful lesson for girls.

Literary Feline said...

It looks like you have some great reading ahead of you! I have Loose Girl on my shelf to read too, but my copy is not an ARE.