September 3, 2007

Good Omens - Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

As predicted, I finished this last night. I loved this book! It's funny, clever, witty and entertaining. It reminds me of both Douglas Adams and Piers Anthony in its tone. The authors' notes at the end describe how people bring beat-up, well-loved copies to books signings, or new copies because friends keep "stealing" their old copies. I can understand this: I will definitely keep this on my "keeper" shelf, but I also want to recommend it to all of my friends who like this sort of book.

2 comments:

Dewey said...

Have you read other Pratchett and Gaiman books? My son is hooked on Pratchett right now.

raych said...

I linked to this in my review.
http://booksidoneread.blogspot.com/2008/02/good-omens-nice-and-accurate-prophesies.html

Happy Geeking!