September 6, 2007

BTT: Goldilocks

It's Booking Through Thursday time again!

So, this is my question to you–are you a Goldilocks kind of reader?

Do you need the light just right, the background noise just so loud but not too loud, the chair just right, the distractions at a minimum?

Or can you open a book at any time and dip right in, whether it’s for twenty seconds, while waiting for the kettle to boil, or indefinitely, like while waiting interminably at the hospital–as long as the book is open in front of your nose, you’re happy to read?

I am definitely not a Goldilocks reader - I can read anywhere, anytime, for as long as I'm able to! I read during commercial breaks on the television (and sometimes during the shows themselves), at breakfast, during lunch (not at dinner, unless I'm eating alone), anywhere I have to wait (dentist, doctor, car repair, DMV). I used to read in the five minutes before class started (whatever novel I was in the middle of), and on the bus ride to school. If I am a passenger on a car trip, I read then. Of course, I'm happy to spend an entire afternoon curled up with a book, but I'll take five minutes here and there, too!

2 comments:

BookGal said...

I bring books to read whenever I wait somewhere. I will read if I'm eating alone, too. Thanks for sharing.

Literary Feline said...

You really do have to fit in the reading when you can, don't you? It's the only way sometimes! I do love it though when I can devote a lot of time to the book I'm reading. I can really lose myself in a book that way.