August 12, 2007

Unread Authors Challenge

Yay! A new challenge! The Unread Authors Challenge runs from September - February, so that should be plenty of time for me to read 6 books for it. My preliminary list is:

Angel's Town - Ralph Cintron
Reading Lolita in Tehran - Azar Nafisi
Wicked - Gregory Maguire
Switchcraft - Mary Castillo
Good Omens - Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett (this on is a two-fer; I haven't read either author)
The Guardians - Ana Castillo
High Fidelity - Nick Hornby (also for the Book to Movie Challenge)

4 comments:

Sycorax Pine said...

Welcome to the challenge, janiejane! I love your list - it is a cool combination of books I have really enjoyed (like "High Fidelity" and "Good Omens") and books that I wish I had read that are currently sitting on my shelf ("Wicked" and "Reading Lolita in Tehran"). In fact, it also includes the book I am currently read, Castillo's "The guardians." I look forward to hearing what you think of it!

Literary Feline said...

I'm glad you're joining in too! I've read Wicked and Reading Lolita in Tehran, both of which I enjoyed. I plan to read The Guardians this month (so not part of the challenge). If you do read it, we'll have to compare notes. :-)

janiejane said...

Thanks! I look forward to comparing notes with you both! :-)

Anonymous said...

Your list contains two books I didn't complete and one I'm going to read. I look forward to hearing your response to Reading Lolita and Wicked, in hopes I'll get back into them. I'm reading Nick Hornby's About a Boy for the Book to Movie challenge - High Fidelity is next.