June 28, 2007

Desperation - BTT

From Booking through Thursday:


What’s the most desperate thing you’ve read because it was the only available reading material?

If it was longer than a cereal box or an advertisement, did it turn out to be worth your while?


I was once stuck in the car repair shop waiting room without a book, and was forced to read Sports Illustrated, and some car repair shop management magazines. Maybe a "Money" or "Fortune" magazine, but that would not be as desperate. I learned a lot about the benefits of different kinds of tires, batteries, etc. from the magazines and the brochures around. I think I read the certificates on the wall, too. Needless to say, I keep a book in my car at all times now, because I don't want to be that desperate again!

1 comment:

Rowena said...

That's me...book in the purse, book in the car, gotta have a book with me at all times or it's not pretty, I promise!