June 14, 2007

BTT: Dessert First

Booking Through Thursday

1. Do you cheat and peek ahead at the end of your books? Or do you resolutely read in sequence, as the author intended?
2. And, if you don’t peek, do you ever feel tempted?

1. Yes, I do this very often. In fact, it is one of the reasons I very seldom read mysteries, because I can't restrain myself from peeking at the end. (Audiobooks are a great solution for this for me.) Sometimes I'm just curious, sometimes I just want to make sure the ending is worth reading the rest of the book for, sometimes it's just habit! I don't feel it ruins the books for me - I do still read the rest of the book most of the time. I like seeing the end point, and wondering how we will get there! There are some books I manage to have some self control: Harry Potter, and some books if the author is really good at doling out bits of suspense, I'll let them carry me along at their own pace, and not skip ahead. (I'm thinking of "The Sparrow" here.)
2. Doesn't apply!

No comments: