August 8, 2008

BTT: Other Worlds

Are there any particular worlds in books where you’d like to live?

Or where you certainly would NOT want to live?

What about authors? If you were a character, who would you trust to write your life



I think I'd like to at least visit Harry Potter's world. Maybe Jane Austen's, but only if I got to be friends with Elizabeth Bennet or Emma Woodhouse. My real answer is Star Trek, but that didn't start out in books, so that's cheating a bit.

I certainly wouldn't want to live in 1984, or the Handmaid's Tale, or most any other dystopia. I like to read them, but I wouldn't want to stay there for long.

I would trust Connie Willis or Nancy Kress to write my life, though. It would be interesting, yet real.

2 comments:

Literary Feline said...

Harry Potter's world would be fun! And I would love to talk books with Elizabeth Bennet!

Christina said...

I went with the Star Wars Expanded Universe myself. I don't think it's cheating to say Star Trek. :-D

Connie Willis - That's a good one! Love several of her books.