July 28, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling

I finished this in two days - If I could have stayed awake a little longer the first day I would have finished it then. I don't want to include any spoilers, so that will make the review necessarily vague. I loved this book, and thought it finished up the series very well. A lot of loose ends from prior books that I didn't realize were loose ends were tied up nicely. One of the strengths of the Harry Potter books is its internal consistency; a remarkable feat in such a long series. And I can still get lost in the stories of these fascinating people. I will miss all of them, even though I know I can revisit their world anytime I wish. And Ms. Rowling has said she will be writing an encyclopedia. What I really wish she'd write is "Hogwarts: A History." I can dream, right?

No comments: